Song of Surrender

Friday, 28 July 2017

Trivandrum Vaidyanathan passes away

Sudden demise has been shocking

V Navaneet Krishnan


I am heart-broken to know of the untimely and sudden demise of Trivandrum R. Vaidyanathan sir. He was the staff on duty at my very first radio broadcast at AIR.  Such a gentle and genuine soul, with only good-will towards all. He was very keen to have me perform at several major venues in Kerala, and encouraged me always to carry the baton of the KVN bani. I cherish the long conversation we shared after my concert at Edapally Sangeetha Sadas this last April, where he clarified several of my doubts regarding some laya matters, including chaturashra tishram in pallavi singing. Long live his legacy through his disciples! My heartfelt condolences to his family and disciples.






No comments:

Post a Comment